What is Borderline Personality Disorder?
Join our interdisciplinary panel of experts to explore working collaboratively to support mental health of people living with Borderline Personality Disorder.
Watch this facilitated panel discussion of Rachel's story to be better equipped to:
- identify borderline personality disorder and its underlying causes and describe appropriate assessment tools
- outline how to discuss the diagnosis of borderline personality disorder with patients and their families
- recognise prevalence of borderline personality disorder and understand stigma, shame and discrimination experienced by people living with borderline personality disorder.
Review the panel of interdisciplinary experts’ bios.
- Associate Professor Josephine Beatson (Psychiatrist, Victoria)
- Ms Janne McMahon OAM (Advocate, South Australia)
- Dr Christopher Wurm (General Practitioner, South Australia)
- Julian Browne (Psychologist, Victoria)
- Dr Lyn O’Grady (Community Psychologist, Victoria)
Access a range of resources to enrich your learning experience:
This webinar was produced in October 2017. The Mental Health Professionals’ Network’s webinars are produced for mental health professionals. The information is intended for suitably-experienced mental health professionals and does not replace clinical judgement and decision making. It is intended for use as a guide of a general nature only and may or may not be relevant to particular patients or circumstances. The subject matter is not exhaustive of any mental health conditions presented. Health professionals implementing any recommendations contained in the webinar must exercise their own independent skill or judgement or seek appropriate professional advice relevant to their own particular circumstances when so doing. Any information presented in the webinar recording was deemed relevant at the time of the live event and after this date has not been reviewed. No guarantee can be given that the information is free from error or omission. Accordingly, MHPN and its employees and agents shall have no liability (including without limitation liability by reason of negligence) to any users of the information contained in any MHPN webinar for any loss or damage (consequential or otherwise) cost or expense incurred or arising by reason of any person using or relying on the information contained in MHPN webinars and whether caused by reason of any error, negligent act, omission or misrepresentation of the information.